Back on my previous Endorphin Stew blog, this recipe was one of the most popular. Not one person who tagged me in their recreations had any complaints, which I was delighted to see! These are a no fuss, satisfying sweet snack, that kills the cravings and doesn’t leave you regretting much (as long as you don’t eat them all in one go).
All ingredients but the Rice Krispies and vanilla extract (still perfectly healthy in moderation) are unprocessed, providing natural fuel right when you need it; such as at the desk, on a long drive or before a cycle. I love sharing these healthy treats with my friends and seeing their happy faces after eating them. These snacks also refrigerate well and you can get a few days out of them.
This recipe makes ~16 balls and is:
D & V
- Vanilla extract, 1 tspn
- Almond/cashew butter, 170 g
- Honey, 150 g
- Rice Krispies, 2 cups
- Dried goji berries, handful
- Oats, handful
- Pour approx. two small cups of rice snaps into a mixing bowl followed by a handful of goji berries and oats.
- Empty almond butter and honey into a small pan, followed by vanilla extract.
- Heat pan at low heat, stirring the contents continuously. when the mixture turns slightly watery, pour into mixing bowl and stir all contents together.
- Form little balls with the palms of your hands and put aside onto a large plate. do this as gently as possible. It’s also useful to dip your hands into water between rolling each ball if the mixture becomes too sticky.
- Store the clusters in the fridge for about an hour to harden.
- There’s no need to be told to enjoy these ones. They’re out of this world! 😉