Hey all, I hope all has been well with you and that you’re getting through the lockdown alright; I’m sure you have some great routines set up for yourselves. Speaking of lockdown routines, I have recently began something different with my diet – the keto diet! I had heard about this diet many times in the past and I had always been intrigued by the mechanisms of how it worked, but recently I have been studying it in depth and this time there was no avoiding the urge to go for it!
I have set a timeline for myself to stick to the diet and I am video logging my progress along the way, which I am excited to all see come together by the end. Without saying much, I’d like to share one keto recipe that I have been loving so far – it’s too tasty not to share. If you are looking for a dairy-free, vegan/vegetarian alternative, you can check out my Butter(less) Chicken recipe on the blog too!
This recipe makes 3 servings and is a high fat, high protein, low carb meal – 3 essential components of the keto diet!
- Diced chicken breast, 400 g
- Tomato Passata, 500 mL
- Heavy cream, 150 mL
- Butter, 50 g
- Cumin, 2 tbsp
- Curry powder, 1 tbsp
- Sweet paprika, 2 tbsp
- Garlic powder, 1 tbsp
- Ginger powder, 1 tbsp
- Salt and pepper, 1 tbsp each
- Chili flakes, 1 tsp
- Broccoli/cauliflower rice
- Coriander, to garnish
- Using a pressure cooker, simply add the diced chicken, followed by the passata, cream, butter, and all spices to the baking pot, stirring well. Yes, it’s that easy!
- Set to the stew setting for 40 minutes.
- Alternatively, stew for 50 minutes at a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius in a casserole dish.
- Heat up your ‘rice’ before the chicken and sauce are ready and drizzle it on top with a garnish of coriander before serving.