Hey guys, I hope you are keeping well! Another day, another recipe to keep the time moving on smoothly and sanely. Baking bread is definitely one of those things to do just that. There has always been something very therapeutic about baking for me, as long as I stay within the uncomplicated threshold; because if you’re looking for perfection then it’s rarely an easygoing task. I’m simply calling today’s recipe my Easy Homemade Yoghurt Bread because that’s how I like it – short, sweet and effortless. I have added some of my favourite Irish products into this this and it came out as a lovely, wholesome, and versatile bread that you can get creative with when it comes to the toppings.
This recipe can be made vegan by substituting the milk and yoghurt for dairy-free alternatives.
- Self-raising flour, 250 g
- Wholemeal flour, 250 g
- Milk, 250 mL
- Good4U Nutrition Smoky BBQ Crunch mix, 2 packets (one for the bread mixture, one for the topping)
- Nutritional yeast, two heaped tbsps
- Glenisk bio live organic yoghurt, natural flavour, 250 g
- Egg, medium, 1
- Baking powder, 2 tbsp
- Salt, 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Oil or butter the inside of a small or medium sized bread tin.
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl and stir, followed by the nutritional yeast, baking powder, salt and Good4U mix.
- Into a measuring jug, add the milk, yoghurt and the egg. Mix well.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients slowly while mixing gently.
- After it has been mixed thoroughly, pour the mixture into the bread tin and flatten the top. Add the second packet of Good4U mixture to the top of the moist bread dough.
- Cook for 65 minutes and allow it 20 minutes to cool before serving.