The age old talk of oats being good for the soul has stuck in a world where new superfoods rise and fall on the daily. So we can be rest assured it’s true! High in fiber, and being slow-release unrefined carbohydrates, oats are everything nutritionally plus versatile enough to be enjoyed in an abundance of ways.
Most of us start our day with a beautifully decorated bowl of porridge; topped with yogurt, berries, nut butters or chocolate, but we don’t think to change up the texture we eat these oats in, and still maintain the brilliant benefits. Why not enjoy cookies for breakfast, and still say you’ve gotten the same morning kick as usual?
This recipe makes ~ 15 cookies and is:
Dairy free & vegan (you can get vegan chocolate chips from supermarket suppliers such as Tesco and SuperValu)
- Banana, x2 large
- Oats, x2 cups
- Dark chocolate chips, x2 tblspns
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mash the banana in a mixing bowl.
- Add the oats slowly, mixing into the mashed banana.
- Add the chocolate chips, mixing in well.
- Line a baking tray and spread out ~15 equal sized clumps of mixture, patting down with the back of a spoon and shaping into cookies.
- Bake for ~10 minutes, or until the top layer of the cookies become crisp.
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes, and serve.