Since there was such a nice response to my previous nacho recipe, I decided to go one step further and account for the vegan and dairy-free diets too. The vegan cheese is my main focus for this post, but dairy-free yogurt works very well in substituting the sour cream in the original recipe. This was insanely good, and I felt surprisingly healthy after munching it all down!
Regular nacho recipe from my previous post, plus:
- Carrots, x1/2 cup chopped
- Cashew nuts, x1/2 cup chopped
- Cumin powder, 1 tblspn
- Sea salt, 1 tblspn
- Nutritional yeast, 1 tblspn
- Rice milk, x5 tblspns
- Peel and chop the carrots, pop them into a pan over medium heat with the cashew nuts, just cover with water and boil for 30 mins.
- Strain the water from the pot, add the carrots and cashews to a blender, followed by all other ingredients until you reach a nice, fine, cheesy consistency.